Thursday, November 13, 2008

This is a blog, cat equals yes

During the political campaigns of both John McCain and Barrack Obama, I was always curious about something. If the candidates were to use extremely simple language, and explain every word that might be challenging to someone who is uneducated the American people would probably be insulted and turn their back on that candidates; however, if they were to use fancy words and sayings that we didn't really understand we wouldn't like that guy as our president.

So is there some sort of middle ground to talk to the American people? Maybe there is but as far as I can remember there wasn't really any explaining going on, both candidates just liked saying "vote for me cause I'm the best, oh and don't listen to that other guy, he sells drugs to children" a lot. In fact I remember a debate between Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama where Hillary accused Barrack of not having a health care plan that would cover every American and Barrack said that the plan would cover all the people who needed it, or something like that. Anyway I really would have liked it if we they could have talked about the exact specifications of both their plans, the positive and negative outcomes, but in simple language that someone like me could comprehend. Although I guess its silly to request that they take that much time out of the debate to do that. They're politicians, they have more important things to do. So now to connect this to College literature.

I am a simpleton, and simpletons, such as myself, do not care for things we do not understand, and like that old mobster from the 'batman begins' movie once said, "you always fear what you don't understand" and he's right. I am literally afraid of these stories. I have rubber gloves in my backpack so I don't have to make physical contact with the paper. I have a pair of pliers so that the papers don't make physical contact with my gloves. Of course I'm joking, but still I hope that next week we get something sort with words all in English, and in my vocabulary. It's fun to dream.

2 comments:

Daniel DeBoer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel DeBoer said...

Sorry, I had a misspelling in the last one.

Ah, Mr. Flaherty, the last thing you are is a simpleton. But you're right, were they to use simpler language their message would be much clearer. However that could cause problems for them couldn't it. Think on it for a minute, why should they hide their message?