Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Glass Half Full

If I woke one day in my bed and I was invisible, of course I'd have fun with, like that guy Claude from first season Heroes who steals things and bumps into people on purpose. If I woke up and was a cockroach however, it would probably be a little harder to have fun it with but it's probably a possiblity. For starters I would go to a mental institution and walk down the hall and then leave, and everyone would be like, "no you have to believe me, there was definetly a giant cockroach here!" Or maybe I'd go to a PETA convention and see whether they would attack me or welcome me a guest speaker. Or maybe I pay a friend of mine to threaten a fast food place that if he dosn't get free food a giant Cockroach will come and eat them. Or maybe I'd stand very still on a statue and then move slowly every couple hours so that I only catch one person's attention. The only problem there would be that everywhere you'd go people try to attack you and kill you, It'd play out like the movie cloverfield except when the police come I'd be pretty much screwed, but It's better that living under a couch... maybe.

13 comments:

Jenny O said...

Mikey, you're either completely brilliant or 100% a lunitic. IDK which but either way you're like the coolest person I know.

I'm not lost in the world. I'm just taking a detour. said...

I like the camparison with the heroes chracter and the P.E.T.A. joke. Well I probably would have a hard time with dealing with the transformation. But in the end I would have thought of some way to get some humor out of it.

Abby said...

You would. Nice job with the Heroes reference. Also, those are solid ideas for if you did turn into a nasty. I just hope that you don't turn into something besides you one day, because I'm pretty sure we're all gonna have a crazy day when that happens.

Just one thing to consider is the security measures at a mental institution. You'd have a hard time getting in...maybe.

Also, love the profile picture thing.

Michael Flaherty said...

Yeah but getting inside a mental institution would be hard but if a security gurad saw a giant cockroach he'd probably convince himself that the crazy was airborne and let me through.

Mr. Kunkle said...

Michael-- very creative. Your aptitude for mayhem definitely puts you in the gifted column.

Just for you, a giant bug in the making, is the link to Gregor Samsa's myspace page. You two might have a lot in common...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=165160931

Justin G said...

Rofl, this is a pretty good idea. I was thinking about the same thing when i was reading; however, I was trying to think of ways to make money while being a giant cockroach, like be part of a magic trick or something. Also I have to say the idea of people trying to kill you would most likely pose a huge problem to you while trying to get anything done. If he could fly it would be a compleetly different story.

Gena R. said...

Brilliant! I have nothing intellectual to say, but your post was awesome.

Kristi said...

I like your innovative way of thinking about the situation. =] While I was busy trying to ignore the fact that he turned into a bug, you've come up with many brilliant way to make it entertaining. Well written!

Nicole said...

I agree, i'd have a lot of fun if i woke up with ANY super power...but turning into a cockroach doesn't sound like much fun. But you point out the positives that could outcome from it.

-Nicole

aleeshaKo said...

Michael Flaherty,
You make me laugh =)

Have a good day!

Andrew said...

Loved it especially the peta part

Shauna Ohhh said...

Gosh, you are hilarious.

Morgan said...

I thought your blog was funny and I like how you compared it to things in our everyday lives. I thought the mental institution and the PETA conventnion ideas were really funny. Your very creative and unique with your writing and humor, it was fun to read.