Thursday, January 15, 2009

Killing me softly 3 reactions

I can't say that I was completely zoned in for that movie but I thought it would be something to blog about. It was kind of good I guess, well maybe, usually documentaries are more shocking then that; however, usually power-point induced podeum lectures are less shocking then that. I thought the movie was interesting but truthfully I thought that the discussion about the movie durring class was more interesting. I don't recall who said it but someone mentioned the lady on screen maybe implyed that advertising conglomerates have a secret agenda to belittle women. As if some C.E.O. of some advertising agency was tired of just making loads of cash and decided that he should put a dent in the social construction of gender for fun, and thinking about that was much more interesting than the movie. Say whatever you want about corperate consperices they're at least more interesting then women scantaly clothed in mainstream magazines. The documentary wasn't bad though, actually it was pretty informative sort of, there was just one thing that I'd like to mention. If you see 'an inconvient truth' good chances are you'll stop pouring toxic sewage on your driveways, if you see this movie your reaction will probably be "hmm, I never thought about this topic for an hour and a half before" and then you'll leave. The thing is, I don't think that it's a big problem, but never the less its a problem we can't really do anything about.  I mean honestly what could you do about this? Don't even think about it because the answer is nothing probably. I'm not going to think about it either, I'm just going to blog about it.

No comments: