Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's an ok book

It took me a while but I caught up with the reading. Caucasia, I must say, isn't half bad but I'm not a real big fan of it. Sure it deals with the complexity of the emotions of someone who's two races but in my opinon thats only intresting for about 20 pages. It seems like the book didn't really take any real action untill birdie fled to boston, well she's still in boston and there are only 60 pages left. Why couldn't the mom have done something that would of had the FBI on their trail 24/7, at least that'd be intresting. I guess I do like in retrospect how this story is a bit wild but it seems like it could all actually happen in real life, But does that make it a good read? for most people I would assume that in fact it does make it a good read but this book is missing something for me. Explosions maybe? no... that'd be rediculous. It dosn't really matter what it is I just want some sort of action, I know that it sounds idiotic but for me, action is neccessary (most of the time) for a good story. I can't think of a good movie I like that dosn't have action. Or at least rising action, or a story arch in general. I'm just rambling at this point, I do actually like this book, it is written beautifully and there are many interesting scenes but I just really want something to explode. It's a guy thing.

3 comments:

Daniel DeBoer said...

I'm thinking the reason you're disappointed is that, everything that's being done up until Birdie decides to take control of her own life makes you think something exciting did happen and will happen. And then when you realize that nothing happened and that it was all blown out of proportion (that the book doesn't have much of a climax) you just get disappointed.

We both know you don't need a lot of explosions for a good story, you just need something to happen.

Abby said...

Umm...explosions is not a guy thing. Imagine Mona throwing up plastic explosives onto Jesse's shoes instead of beer and belly juices for example, that would have been awesome, and certainly would have spiced things up.

I agree though, this book is pretty slow. It's missing something to keep my interest.

vimph-no definition yet

Andrew said...

i aggree i was dispointed to with the book it seems to just start to be going some where then just decides oh i have to finish the book and then the last couple pages are the ending and it was kind of a predictible ending about as predictable as i am legends ending